|Criminal Law Act 2016|
|An act to establish the criminal law of TCB.|
|Date passed||June 11, 2016|
|Date signed||June 12, 2016|
|Signed by||Zenny Winter|
|Date commenced||June 12, 2016|
|Administered by||Administrative Council & Judiciary|
|Introduced by||Piper Winter (Written by: Phazon, Navbot, Piper Winter, and Zenny Winter)|
|Creates and regulates the Criminal Code|
|Status: Current legislation|
- 1 Criminal Law Act 2016
Criminal Law Act 2016
An act to establish the criminal law of TCB.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Criminal Law Act”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) "Offense" shall be defined as an action deemed illegal, and punishable by the People's Court.
(3) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Coverage
(4) All laws contained within the Criminal Code applies to The Communist Bloc (TCB) forums, TCB Regional Message Board (RMB),all TCB Social Channels and events, and interaction between TCB members where it is determined relevant to the offense(s) in question.
ARTICLE IV - Minor Offenses
(4) All laws contained within the Criminal Code applies to The Communist Bloc (TCB) forums, TCB Regional Message Board (RMB), and all TCB Social Channels and events.
(5) Exceeding the endorsement cap: The purposeful transgression of the endorsement cap is forbidden, if the General Secretary does not give his or her consent; failure to remedy accidental transgression of the endorsement cap within twenty-four hours of being made aware of the transgression shall make retention of any such endorsements purposeful, and thereafter punishable as a purposeful transgression.
(6) Disruptive Behavior: Recruiting, advertising or spamming without consent of the General Secretary or Central Committee.
(7) Harassment: Any action which is by design insulting, badgering, or pressuring of players in spite of petition(s) to cease and desist. Insult shall be considered purposeful if not intentional where insult as a consequence of any action is reasonably predictable.
(8) Trespassing: The act of posting in a thread without authorisation and with knowledge of the lack of authorisation, especially after having been informed or requested to vacate the thread in question.
(9) Trolling: Purposeful eliciting a negative emotional reaction from users, frustration of users, and/or social discord. An action may be considered Trolling where such an action is not designed to cause negative emotional reaction from users, frustration of users, and/or social discord should such consequences have been reasonably predictable.
(10) Vexatious Litigation: Abusing the judicial process through repetitive or frivolous reports/accusations.
(11) Unlawful Discrimination: Discriminating against a person on grounds of that person's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexuality, asexuality, gender or agender identity or expression, sex, sex characteristics or disability by not dealing with that person under the terms and conditions normally applied with other persons.
(12) The maximum sentence for all minor offenses in Article 4 Sections 5 through 8 shall be no greater than 10 days banishment from the in-game region and offsite forum.
(13) The maximum sentence for all minor offenses in Article 4 Sections 9 and 11 shall be no greater than 1 month banishment from the in-game region and offsite forum.
ARTICLE V - Major Offenses
(14) Perjury: Falsely testifying to deceive to a court of law.
(15) Repeat Violation: Should a player be found guilty of a crime against the Public on multiple occasions, and should that player seem as though they are not learning their lesson, a user may be tried for repeatedly offending the law.
(16) Forum Crimes: Destroying forum content in a destructive way, pornspamming, and gorespamming, hacking of forum accounts.
(17) Lying On A Citizenship Application: Concealing previous aliases; concealing regional affiliations; disavowing the citizenship oath; or providing misleading or deceitful information in an attempt to obtain through deceit or deliberate silence or omission an account with citizenship in The Communist Bloc.
(18) Desertment: Refusing to assist in the defense of The Communist Bloc against invasion.
(19) Impersonation: Claiming to be another player, or claiming to represent TCB and/or having official associations with TCB without this being a factual claim.
(20) Deception: Belong to a player who is currently banned in The Communist Bloc. The recommended sentence is banishment from the forum and in-game region.
(21) Personal Crimes: If sensitive real-life information or personal information about users are posted without their consent, and the relevant person decided to pursue charges against the offender.
(22) Subversion: Conspiring against the interests of The Communist Bloc, such as deliberately trying to lower the endorsement count of the legal World Assembly delegate and calling for actions against officials of TCB or TCB unless otherwise prescribed by law, or assisting in and/or not reporting such subversive activities.
(23) Espionage: Gathering private and/or sensitive government information to be used or distributed against the interests of The Communist Bloc and/or without permission or leaking content from private forums or chats to third persons without the consent of the General Secretary.
(24) Sexual Harassment: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other conduct of a sexual nature that tends to create a hostile or offensive work and social environment.
(25) The maximum sentence for all major offenses in Article 5 Sections 14 through 19 shall be no greater than 12 months banishment from the in-game region and offsite forum.
(26) The maximum sentence for all major offenses in Article 5 Sections 20 through 24 shall be no greater than 18 months banishment from the in-game region and offsite forum, and/or removal of citizenship.
ARTICLE VI - Highest Offenses
(27) Forum Destruction: Abusing administrative powers on a forum to cause a denial of service or substantial loss of information.
(28) Anti-Revolutionary Activity: Intending to cause internal discord or political division for the purpose of personal gain; or sabotage of The Communist Bloc, its government, and Party; or intending to impede daily government activities and duties for the purpose of sabotage. This charge may also be used in place of charges of subversion and espionage.
(29) Treason: Giving aid to enemies of the region; participating in or inciting war against The Communist Bloc; or seizure, attempted seizure, or inciting others to seize a position unlawfully.
(30) Breaking into Administrative Account(s): Obtaining access to an Administrator account without approval from the Head Administrator, or otherwise deliberately breaking into an Administrators account.
(31) The minimum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 6 Sections 27 through 30 is no less than 6 months banishment from the in-game region and forum, and the maximum sentence for all highest offenses as defined in Article 6 Sections 27 through 30 is indefinite banishment from the in-game region and forum.
ARTICLE VII - Statutes of Limitations
(31) Should a highest offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 1 year of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
(32) Should a major offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 6 months of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
(33) Should a minor offense case not be submitted to the Judiciary within 1 month of the offense allegedly occurring, the case must be dropped.
ARTICLE VIII - Schedule, Amendment, and Repeal
(34) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Assembly with the signature of the President.
(35) The Criminal Code may only be amended with a 2/3 majority in the Central Committee.
(36) The Criminal Code may not be repealed without a referendum with 2/3 majority in support.
(Proposed by Piper Winter; written by Phazon, Navbot, Piper Winter, and Zenny Winter)