WA Vote Reform Act 2018
|WA Vote Reform Act|
|An act to reform the way the World Assembly Delegate votes on Security Council and General Assembly resolutions and to democraticize that process.|
|Date passed||June 5th, 2018|
|Administered by||Trabardia Administration|
|Gives the control over the vote of the World Assembly Delegate to a public vote.|
|Status: Current legislation|
WA Vote Reform Act 2018
An act to reform the way the World Assembly Delegate votes on Security Council and General Assembly resolutions and to democraticize that process.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “WA Vote Reform Act 2018”.
ARTICLE II Definitions
(2) "World Assembly Delegate shall refer to the nation in the region with the highest amount of endorsements.
(3) "Security Council" shall refer to the international organization responsible for commending, condemning, and liberating nations and regions.
(4) "General Assembly shall refer to the international organization responsible for enacting international law.
(5) "Resolution" or "Proposal" shall refer to a bill in either the Security Council or General Assembly.
(6) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III Provisions
(7) In the event that a proposal in either the Security Council or the General Assembly reaches a quorum, the World Assembly Delegate shall open a discussing a voting thread that shall be open to all citizens.
(a) The voting and discussion thread must include the resolution's full text, a link to the resolution, a link to the resolution's NationStates Forum discussion page, and an explanation of the voting options (see clause (8) and subclause (8a)).
(8) After a minimum of three votes from citizens have been cast in a resolution's voting and discussion thread, the World Assembly Delegate shall vote according to the number of "For" and "Against" votes.
(a) There shall also be the option to vote "Abstain," but all "Abstain" votes shall not be considered unless "Abstain" reaches a pluarity, in which case the World Assembly Delegate shall abstain from the resolution vote.
(9) In addition to a forum voting and discussion thread, a non-binding poll on the regional page shall be created for residents with membership in the World Assembly to vote in, containing the same voting options (see clause (8) and subclause (8a)).
(10) The General Secretary or the World Assembly Delegate themselves shall be able to designate another individual to carry out the duties of creating a voting and discussion thread and regional poll if the World Assembly Delegate is not able to do so.
ARTICLE IV Repeal
(11) The Regional World Assembly Vote Act 2017 is hereby repealed in its entirety.
ARTICLE V Schedule
(12) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.