|Twenty-sixst Constitutional Amendment 2018|
|An act to establish a directly democratic state of affairs.|
|Date passed||October 28, 2018|
|Signed by||October 28, 2018|
|Date commenced||October 28, 2018|
|Introduced by||M.M. and Nathaniel Penrose|
|Expands the Central Committee to all citizens.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
26th Constitutional Amendment (DD Amendment or PDTA)
Article I - Short title
(1) This amendment may be referred to as the “DD Amendment” or the “PDTA”.
Article II - Definitions
(2) “Principal act” shall refer to this amendment.
Article III - Provisions
Sections Amended in the Constitution (3)Article IV, Section 3 shall be amended to read:
(3) The Central Committee shall be composed of an odd number of members, to be determined by the population of the region before the dissolution of the previous term of the Central Committee. The amount of seats will be one per 120 nations in the region. all citizens of the Communist Bloc. The Premier shall serve as Chairperson of the Central Committee. The Central Committee may legislate to organize its internal functions and procedures.
(4) Article VI Section 5 will be amended to read as follows:
(5) Government Dissolutions require a 3/4s majority in support within the Central Committee if the Central Committee is in session followed by a public referendum requiring a simple majority in support of dissolution.
(5) Article VI Section 8 will be amended to read as follows:
(8) A Vote of No Confidence shall be held as a public vote for all citizens of the People’s Republic of the Communist Bloc and shall last 48 hours.
The Vote shall ask “Do you support the dissolution of the General Secretary’s Government?” or “Do you support the dissolution of the Central Committee?” The vote shall contain two options: “Yes” and “No” The voting thread shall consist of an anonymous poll and must also provide links to all relevant information or threads put forward. The voting thread itself must not be used to debate or otherwise be used to politically support either option. (6) Article VI Section 10 will be amended to read as follows:
(10) If the people vote to dissolve the Government or Central Committee, then elections will be held immediately.
(7) The following will be appended into the Constitution as Article III, Section 3. All other sections will be enumerated accordingly.
(3) The Premier of The Communist Bloc shall be nominated from amongst and elected by the citizens of The Communist Bloc on the 15th of every other month.
(8) Artivle VII shall read as follows:
Article VII: Citizen Ballot Initiatives (1) Citizens of The Communist Bloc have the inalienable right to initiate a Referendum of Repeal to remove any Executive Order passed by the General Secretary.
Prerequisites for a Referendum of Repeal
(2) A list containing a minimum of at least 10 signatures must be presented upon initiating the referendum.
(a) If such a list is not presented alongside the referendum it will be considered illegal and shall be suspended immediately.
Procedure of a Referendum of Repeal
(3) All Referendums of Repeal will be overseen by the Chief Justice of the People’s Tribunal to ensure protocol as stated by this amendment is >followed.
(4) A Referendum of Repeal can only be enacted within the General Gallery.
(5) Such a referendum shall last for a period of 48 hours
(6) A Referendum of Repeal for an Executive Order or Law can only be initiated 24 hours after the Executive Order in question has passed into law.
(7) Laws and Executive Orders may only be repealed if more than 50% of a minimum of 20 total votes be in favor of the repeal.
Safeguards to the Citizens’ Imperative Mandate
(9) If an Executive Order passed by the General Secretary is repealed, an Executive Order or Law aimed at accomplishing the same or a similar >goal cannot be enacted by that executive administration.
(10) If the citizens believe the General Secretariat is attempting to enact an Executive Order of the same or similar motive, they may call upon the >People’s Tribunal of The Communist Bloc. Said body will decide whether or not the legislation in question has the same or similar motives. If it is >decided that the legislation is repetitive or similar it will immediately be tabled.
(11) If the General Secretariat passes more than three pieces of legislation that get repealed by the public through a Referendum of Repeal, that Administration of the Executive Government will automatically be dissolved and a new election will take place.
Sections Repealed from the Constitution
(9)Article IV, Section 4 shall be removed in its entirety.
(10) Article II, Section 11 will be removed in its entirety.
(11) Article VI Section 7 will be removed in its entirety.
(12) Article VI Section 2 will be removed in its entirety.
(13) Article VI Sections 11, 12, 13, and 14 will be removed in their entirety.
Article IV - Non-Constitutional Changes
(15) Article IV, section 25 of the Central Committee Procedure Reform Act 2018 will be amended to read:
(25) Any citizen may propose a bill, and bills shall only be voted on within the Central Committee.
(16) Article IV, section 28 of the Central Committee Procedure Reform Act 2018 will be amended to read:
(28) The Central Committee may vote either ‘Aye’, ‘Nay’, or ‘Abstain’. Legislation shall pass if ‘Aye’ secures more votes than ‘Nay,’ and if less than 10 people vote 'Nay.' If 10 or more citizens vote 'Nay,' the bill is returned to debate.
(17) Article IV, section 29 of the Central Committee Procedure Reform Act 2018 will be repealed in its entirety.
(18) Article VII, section 36 of the Central Committee Procedure Reform Act 2018 will be repealed in its entirety.
(19) Article IX section 44 of the Central Committee Procedure Reform Act 2018 shall be amended to read:
(44) Each record shall include the name and sponsor of the Bill, and the total votes for each option and a link to the vote.
Article V - Schedule:
(20) This amendment shall immediately be considered provisional law following the passage of the Central Committee with ⅔ majority and public referendum.
(21) The current Premier at the time of this bill’s passage, will remain at their post unless the citizens in Central Committee assembled motion for the installment of a replacement.
(22) 60 days after its commencement, a referendum shall be held with the following question:
“Should the Central Committee return to being an elected legislature, or remain an assembly of all citizens?” and the two options: “Return to elected legislature” and “Remain assembly of all citizens”. (23) If this referendum returns with a majority voting in favor of returning to an elected legislature, all provisions of this amendment shall be considered repealed.
(24) If this referendum returns with a majority voting in favor of retaining the assembly, all provisions of this amendment shall become fully binding permanently, or until otherwise amended.
(written and Proposed by M.M. and Nathaniel Penrose)