|Twenty-fourth Constitutional Amendment 2018|
|An act to enhance democracy and the power of the People in relation to the executive branch, by allowing the People to recall a Minister.|
|Date passed||July 14, 2018|
|Date signed||July 17, 2018|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||July 17, 2018|
|Administered by||The Executive Government|
|Allows for the individual recall of ministers.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
25th Constitutional Amendment (Ministerial Recall Amendment)
An act to enhance democracy and the power of the People in relation to the executive branch, by allowing the People to recall a Minister.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
Article I Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “25th Constitutional Amendment” or the “Ministerial Recall Act.”
Article II Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” refers to the act here presented.
Article III Constitutional Changes
(3) Article VI shall have the following appended:
Procedure for Recalling Individual Ministers
(15) The process by which a recall election can be triggered is as follows:
(16) A petition must be written, describing precisely which Minister(s) should be recalled.
(17) The petition must include the reasons for a recall, which include, but are not limited to:
(i) Inactivity, corruption, and/or incompetence
(18) If the petition has the support of 10 other citizens, a referendum will be triggered.
(19) In the referendum, if a simple majority votes in favor of recalling the Minister(s) listed in the petition, that Minister is immediately removed from their position and the General Secretary shall appoint a new Minister to fill the position, with public approval via referendum.
(20) Any recalled Minister shall not be allowed to be appointed as Minister of the ministry they were leading during the recall, for the duration of the term they were appointed under.
Article IV Schedule
(1) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with a 2/3rds majority and public referendum.
(Proposed and written by Lil' Stapler)