|Twelfth Constitutional Amendment 2017|
|An amendment to increase the number of representatives and improve democracy in the Central Committee.|
|Date passed||March 3, 2017|
|Date signed||March 6, 2017|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||March 6, 2017|
|Administered by||The Central Committee|
|Introduced by||George Milne|
|Changed the amount of Central Committee seats relative to the regional population.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
12th Amendment 2017
An amendment to increase the number of representatives and improve democracy in the Central Committee.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Democracy Amendment 2017”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) "CC" shall refer to the Central Committee (3) “Principal Amendment” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(4) Shall Amend Article IV Clause 3 of the Constitution to:
(3) The Central Committee shall be composed of an odd number of members, to be determined by the population of the region before the dissolution of the previous term of the Central Committee. The amount of seats will be one per
150120 nations in the region. The Premier shall serve as Chairperson of the Central Committee. The Central Committee may legislate to organize its internal functions and procedures.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(6) The principal amendment shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee and a simple majority in a referendum.
(7) The Vacant seats created by the passage of this amendment shall be filled via a By-Election (Proposed and written by George Milne)