|Seventh Constitutional Amendment 2016|
|An act to amend the Constitution to place power in the people to protect against ineffective or stagnant Government.|
|Date passed||May 23, 2016|
|Date signed||May 25, 2016|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||May 25, 2016|
|Administered by||The Citizens of The Communist Bloc|
|Introduced by||Piper Winter|
|Provided procedure for the dissolution of the government.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
Seventh Constitutional Amendment 2016
An act to amend the Constitution to place power in the people to protect against ineffective or stagnant Government.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Seventh Amendment”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Government” shall refer to the elected administration of The Communist Bloc comprised of the General Secretary and Cabinet.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(3) This amendment shall append to the Constitution:
Article VII: Dissolution of Government -
Provisions of Dissolution
(1) The citizens of the People’s Republic of The Communist Bloc and the Central Committee shall have the power to call for a dissolution of the General Secretary and Cabinet with a ‘Vote of No Confidence’.
(2) The citizens of the People’s Republic of The Communist Bloc and the General Secretary shall have the power to call for a dissolution of the Central Committee with a ‘Vote of No Confidence’.
(3) Citizens must have the support of at least 5 other citizens to have their ‘Vote of No Confidence’ considered.
(4) Calls for dissolution must be accompanied by a detailed explanation to ensure sufficient information is provided to the people. The subject(s) of dissolution have the right to respond to any allegations and provide details regarding effectiveness or activity.
Procedures of Dissolution
(5) Government Dissolutions require a 3/4s majority in support within the Central Committee if the Central Committee is in session, followed by a public referendum requiring a 3/4s majority in support of dissolution.
(6) Central Committee dissolutions require a public referendum requiring a 3/4s majority in support.
(7) A Vote of No Confidence shall be held as a public vote for all citizens of the People’s Republic of the Communist Bloc and shall last 48 hours. (i) The Vote shall ask “Do you support the dissolution of the General Secretary’s Government?” or “Do you support the dissolution of the Central Committee?” (ii) The vote shall contain two options: “Yes” and “No” (iii) The voting thread shall consist of an anonymous poll and must also provide links to all relevant information or threads put forward.
(iv) The voting thread itself must not be used to debate or otherwise be used to politically support either option.
(8) No new citizenship applications shall be processed for the duration of the vote.
(9) If the people vote to dissolve the Government or Central Committee, then elections will be held immediately.
(5) Title of Article VII: Amendments shall be amended to:
Article VIII: Amendments
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(6) This Amendment shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee and supporting referendum.
(Proposed and written by Piper Winter)