|Second Constitutional Amendment 2016|
|An act to amend the Constitution to amend Premier voting powers in the Central Committee|
|Date passed||April 28, 2016|
|Date signed||April 30, 2016|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||April 30, 2016|
|Administered by||The Premier|
|Introduced by||Gabriel Xavier|
|This amendment allowed the Premier to vote on any and all legislation, regardless of tie or not. Previously, the Premier could only vote to break a tie.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
Second Constitutional Amendment 2016
An act to amend the Constitution to amend Premier voting powers in the Central Committee.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I- Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Second Constitutional Ammendment Act 2016”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Amendment
(3) Article III Section 2 shall be ammended to read:
(2) The Premier shall serve as the Chairman of the Central Committee
, and may only vote on a motion in the event of a tie. The Premier shall conduct all votes among Committee members and ensure all internal regulation is followed.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(4) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee and of a referendum voted by all members of the Party.
(Proposed and written by Gabriel Xavier)