Proxy Act 2017
|Proxy Act 2017|
|An act to allow Proxy votes to occur during a Leave of Absense.|
|Date passed||June 5, 2017|
|Date signed||July 15, 2017|
|Signed by||Lewis Flood|
|Date commenced||July 15, 2017|
|Administered by||Central Committee|
|Introduced by||Martyn Kiryu|
|Allows Central Committee members to appoint a proxy to vote on behalf of them during a leave of absence.|
|Status: Current legislation|
Proxy Act 2017
An act to allow Proxy votes to occur during a Leave of Absense.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Proxy Act 2017”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Proxy” shall be defined as the person given the authority to represent someone else for voting.
(3) "CCM" shall refer to Central Committee Member.
(4) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(5) Members of Central Committee may delegate someone to act as a Proxy if they go on a Leave of Absense estimated to be longer than 2 days.
- (i) The Proxy must already hold the same authority the absent Member of the Central Committee holds. (Example: A CCM cannot nominate a citizen to be their proxy. A CCM may nominate another CCM.)*
(6) The Proxy may vote according to how they believe the absent Member of the Central Committee would vote.
(7) The Proxy will be removed upon the return of the CCM
- (i) If a vote is still active upon the CCMs return, they may overturn the Proxied vote.
(8) Any record of votes must show that a vote was Proxied.
(9) Proxy votes may not be used in the following circumstances:
- (i) A State of Emergency being called.
- (ii) Any Elections
- (iii) Public votes on Constitutional Amendments
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(11) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(12) The principal act is retroactive, and shall cover all previous votes.
(Proposed and written by Martyn Kiryu)