Ninth Amendment (Beta)
|Ninth Constitutional Amendment 2016 (Beta)|
|An act to amend the Constitution to prevent the accumulation of offices.|
|Date passed||June 24, 2016|
|Date signed||June 27, 2016|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||June 27, 2016|
|Administered by||The General Secretary and the Premier|
|Introduced by||Gabriel Xavier|
|Banned the General Secretary from holding a seat in the Central Committee, and vice versa.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
Ninth Constitutional Amendment 2016
An act to amend the Constitution to prevent the accumulation of offices.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Ninth Constitutional Ammendment Act 2016”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Amendment
(3) Article III Section 13 shall be added:
- (13) Should the General Secretary be elected as member of the Central Committee, or a Central Committee member as General Secretary, they shall resign from one of the two positions. They may choose which position to resign from.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(4) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee and of a referendum voted by all members of the Party.
(Proposed and written by Gabriel Xavier)