|Ninteenth Constitutional Amendment 2018|
|An act to modify the process of selecting the Premier and Chair of the Central Committee.|
|Date passed||February 29, 2018|
|Date signed||March 3, 2018|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||March 3, 2018|
|Administered by||The Central Committee|
|Allows the Central Committee to select the Premier|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
Premier Election Amendment 2018 (19th Constitutional Amendment)
An act to modify the process of selecting the Premier and Chair of the Central Committee.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Premier Election Amendment 2018” or the “Nineteenth (19th) Constitutional Amendment”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(4) Clause (2), Article II of the Constitution of the People’s Republic shall be amended from:
(2) The General Secretary shall formally appoint a member of the Central Committee who has their full confidence to serve as Premier. The appointment shall be confirmed by the Central Committee though a vote, which shall need a 2/3 majority of votes to pass. The Premier's term shall end when either the Central Committee’s or General Secretary’s term ends.
to read the following:
“(2) The Central Committee shall elect a member from among their ranks to serve as Premier. The Premier must achieve a 2/3rds vote of approval within the Central Committee to assume the office of Premier. The Premier's term shall end when the Central Committee’s term ends.”
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(5) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(Proposed and written by Trabardia, on behalf of the Trabardia Administration)