Holiday Act 2016
|Holiday Act 2016|
|Date passed||May 21, 2016|
|Date signed||May 24, 2016|
|Signed by||Zenny Winter|
|Administered by||Central Committee|
|Introduced by||Branden Schirpke|
|Establishes a series of holidays to be celebrated.|
|Status: Current legislation|
Holiday Act 2016
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the "Holiday Act".
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(3) This act Shall establish region wide holidays on the following dates:
- January 5- Constitution Day: a day to commemorate the ratification of the Constitution of the People’s Republic.
- January 8-Armed Forces Day: a day to celebrate the establishment of the People’s Republic Armed Forces (PRAF).
- 27 January - Holocaust Memorial Day - The commemorate the tragic events of the Holocaust.
- March 8- International Women’s Day: A day recognizing the economic, political, and social achievements of women.
- July 15-22- LGBTQ+ Pride week: A week-long celebration of diversity within TCB and its large LGBTQ+ community.
- September 1- Revolution Day: a day to celebrate the September Velvet Revolution of 2014, which brought peace, unity.
- September 26- Party Foundation Day: a day to celebrate the anniversary of the founding of the Workers’ Party of TCB and the issuing of the Proclamation of the People’s Republic.
- 11 November - Remembrance Day - To remember all who have fought, died and been injured in wars across the world.
- December 29- Foundation Day: a day to celebrate the founding of our region.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(4) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(Proposed and written by Branden Schirpke, Contributions by Zenny Winter)