|Fourteenth Constitutional Amendment 2017|
|An amendment to lift the restrictions on political organizations.|
|Date passed||November 15, 2017|
|Date signed||November 18, 2017|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||November 18, 2017|
|Administered by||The Central Committee|
|Allowed political organizations to exist alongside the vanguard party.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
Political Organization Act (14th Constitutional Amendment)
An amendment to lift the restrictions on political organizations.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Political Organization Act/Amendment 2017”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Political Organization" shall refer to any organization formed with the intent of promoting, discussing, or influencing public policy.
(3) “The Party Clause" shall refer to Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(4) Article II, Section 4 (which will, henceforth, be referred to as "the Party Clause"), shall be amended to read:
(4) The Worker's Party shall be the only political party in the governing body of The Communist Bloc. No other political party shall be allowed. The existence of independent political organizations shall be protected by law, unless said organizations advocate treasonous behavior, overthrow of the government of the Communist Bloc, or any other severe crimes, in which the Central Committee may move to dissolve them, requiring a standard majority.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(5) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with a 2/3 majority, and with the passage of a referendum.
(Proposed and written by M.M.)