|First Constitutional Amendment Act 2016|
|An act to ammend the Constitution to set the Premier as Chairperson of the Central Committee.|
|Date passed||April 20, 2016|
|Date signed||April 23, 2016|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||April 23, 2016|
|Administered by||The Premier|
|Introduced by||Gabriel Xavier|
|Before this act was passed, the Constitution was such that the General Secretary was Chair of the Central Committee. It makes the Premier the Chairperson, thus removing the General Secretary from directly leading the Central Committee.|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
First Constitutional Amendment Act 2016
An act to ammend the Constitution to set the Premier as Chairperson of the Central Committee.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “First Constitutional Amendment Act 2016”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Amendment
(3) Article III Section 2 shall be amended to read:
(2) The Premier shall serve as the Chairman of the Central Committee, and may only vote on a motion in the event of a tie. The Premier shall conduct all votes among Committee members and ensure all internal regulation is followed.
(4) Article III Section 3 shall be amended to read:
(3) The General Secretary shall formally appoint a member of the Central Committee who has their full confidence to serve as Premier. The appointment shall be confirmed by the Central Committee though a vote, which shall need a 2/3 majority of votes to pass. The Premier's term end with the Central Committee's.
(5) Article IV Section 3 shall be amended to read:
(3) The Central Committee shall be composed of an odd number of members, to be determined by the population of the region before the dissolution of the previous term of the Central Committee. The amount of seats will be one per 150 nations in the region. The Premier shall serve as Chairperson of the Central Committee. The Central Committee may legislate to organize its internal functions and procedures.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(6) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee and of a referendum voted by all member of the Party.
(Proposed and written by Gabriel Xavier)