|Fifteenth Constitutional Amendment 2017|
|An amendment to remove most mentions of the Worker’s Party from the Constitution, in order to break the Party’s political monopoly.|
|Date passed||November 25, 2017|
|Date signed||November 28, 2017|
|Signed by||Approved at Referendum|
|Date commenced||November 28, 2017|
|Administered by||The Central Committee and the Executive Government|
|Introduced by||Vlad Schpilkes|
|Removed the Workers' Party's monopoly on the political system|
|Status: Applied to Constitution at Time|
15th Constitutional Amendment (Political Freedom Act 2017)
An amendment to remove most mentions of the Worker’s Party from the Constitution, in order to break the Party’s political monopoly.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Political Freedom Act 2017”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2)“Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Constitutional changes
(3) The Fourth Paragraph of the Preamble shall be amended to read the following:
This Constitution is the fruit of the process of the people’s discussions throughout the region. It reflects the long-standing aspirations and strong determination of the regional community to strive together to fulfill the objective of building The Communist Bloc into a region of peace, independence, democracy, unity, and prosperity
under the leadership of the Workers' Party.
(4) Article I Section 3 shall be amended to read the following:
(3) Citizens shall have the right to vote and run in elections for public
and Partyoffices if they meet all legal requirements for the action. Citizens shall also have the right to join and create political parties as long as they do not breach the Constitution or other laws.
(5) Article I Section 6 shall be amended to read the following:
(6) Citizens shall have the right to petition the government and Party political parties for a redress of listed grievances. The responsibility of addressing
petitions falls upon the Central Committee
, of the Workers' Party.and the leadership of the parties petitioned, respectively.
(6) Article III Section 1 shall be amended to read the following:
(1) The head of state of the People’s Republic of The Communist Bloc shall be the General Secretary
of the Workers' Partyand shall serve a term of 60 days.
(7) Article IV Section 1 shall be amended to read the following:
(1) The Central Committee of The Communist Bloc
, in addition to its role as the supreme Party legislator,shall serve as the supreme legislative body of the People’s Republic of The Communist Bloc.
(8) Article IV Section 4 shall be amended to read the following:
(4) The Central Committee is to be elected from among the members of the Party to a term of 60 days.
(9) Article VIII Section 1 shall be amended to read the following:
(1) All amendments to this document shall require a two-thirds majority in the Central Committee and a majority referendum voted on by
the members of the Party.Citizens of the Communist Bloc.
(10) Article II shall be removed in its entirety. All subsequent Articles shall be renumbered appropriately.
ARTICLE IV - Non-constitutional Changes
(11) Parties and political organizations, if inactive and lacking posts for a period of at least one month, should be archived by any individual with administrative powers.
ARTICLE V - Schedule
(12) The Constitutional Changes shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with a 2/3 majority, and with the passage of a referendum.
(13) The Non-Constitutional Changes shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with a simple majority and being signed by the General Secretary.
(Proposed and written by Vlad Schpilkes)