Electoral Conduct Act, 1st Amendment 2016
|Electoral Conduct Act, 1st Amendment 2016|
|An act to be improve and streamline the Electoral Conduct Board, it’s Code of Conduct and its appointment.|
|Date passed||June 11, 2016|
|Date signed||June 12, 2016|
|Signed by||Zenny Winter|
|Date commenced||June 12, 2016|
|Administered by||Electoral Conduct Board|
|Introduced by||Lewis Flood|
|Electoral Conduct Act 2016|
|Clarifies sections of the ECA to revise the Electoral Conduct Board|
Electoral Conduct Act, First Amendment 2016
An act to be improve and streamline the Electoral Conduct Board, it’s Code of Conduct and its appointment.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “1st ECB Amendment 2016”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “ECB” shall refer to the Electoral Conduct Board.
(3) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Code of Conduct Modifications
(4) Article 3, Section 9 shall be modified:
(9) No candidate may insult other candidates or citizens for any reason. They may however criticize policy in a constructive and non-insulting way.
(5) Article 3, Section 11 shall be modified:
(11) Candidates should not spam (defined as the excessive use of similar messages on the same or different threads) anywhere on the forum, excluding their own campaign thread, to promote their campaign.
(6) Article 3, Section 12 shall be modified:
(12) Candidates may be ECB members, however, if a complaint is lodged against a member of the ECB for breach of the Code of Conduct, they are required to recuse themselves during the investigation and decision.
Article IV - Modifications to Article IV
(7) Article 4, Section 15 shall be modified:
(15) ECB members must be full citizens with no prior criminal convictions, they may currently be in government (They may be running for office in accordance with Article III, Section 12.).
(8) Article 4, Section 26 shall be modified:
(26) The 3 members of the ECB will be chosen by the CC via discussion and a simple majority vote.
by the Supreme People's Justice (via a public hearing) and then approval by CC vote.In the case of a member of the ECB resigning, the empty position must be filled within 72 hours in an election period or 7 days when no election is due within 7 days.
(9) Article 4, Section 28 shall be appended:
(28) The ECB may, if a candidate has breached the Code of Conduct multiple times, disqualify candidates from running for public office for up to 3 months. This decision may be overturned by the appropriate Judicial Office.
(10) Artic;le 4, Section 29 shall be appended:
(29) No candidate may campaign on campaign threads other than their own, forum signatures are excluded from this rule.
ARTICLE V - Schedule
(11) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(12) All numbering of articles and sections must be updated on the stored copy in the Law Archive.
(Proposed and written by Lewis Flood)