Elections Act 2nd Amendment 2016
|2nd Elections Act Amendment – Standard Election Dates|
|An act to establish a standard election polling date for the electoral cycle.|
|Date passed||May 29, 2016|
|Date signed||June 5, 2016|
|Signed by||Zenny Winter|
|Date commenced||June 5, 2016|
|Administered by||Chief Justice|
|Introduced by||Piper Winter|
|Elections Act 2016|
|Amends the Elections Act 2016 to set a date for polling during each election.|
2nd Elections Act Amendment – Standard Election Dates
An act to establish a standard election polling date for the electoral cycle.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “2nd Elections Act Amendment”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Principal Act” shall refer to the current bill here presented.
ARTICLE III - Provisions
(3) The act shall append the following clause to Article III:
(9) All electoral voting periods, excepting by-election or emergency elections, shall commence on the 15th of the month of an election.
(4) All subsequent clauses shall be renumbered as appropriate to account for the newly appended clause 9.
ARTICLE IV - Schedule
(5) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.
(Proposed and written by Piper Winter)