Discord Moderation Act 2017
|Discord Moderation Act 2017|
|An act to establish rules and punishments for the Regional Discord Server.|
|Date passed||May 3, 2017|
|Date signed||May 5, 2017|
|Signed by||Pytor Petrovsky|
|Date commenced||May 5, 2017|
|Administered by||Discord server staff|
|Introduced by||Machinesmith, with assistance from M.M.|
|Sets the rules of the Discord server and punishments for breaking them, as well as an appeals process.|
|Status: Current legislation|
Discord Moderation Act 2017
An act to establish rules and punishments for the Regional Discord Server.
Now, therefore, BE IT ENACTED by the order of the glorious Constitution of this People's Republic, by and with the advice and consent of the democratically elected representatives of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party, in holding the public mandate, in this present committee assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows-
ARTICLE I - Short Title
(1) This act may be cited as the “Discord Act 2017”.
ARTICLE II - Definitions
(2) “Regional Discord Server” shall be defined as the official Discord server attached to the Communist Bloc by the Executive.
(3) “Moderator” shall be defined as an individual delegated the job of enforcing the rules outlined in this act.
(4) “Administrator” shall be defined as a member of the Discord entrusted with Administrator privileges on said server.
(5) The definition of “Spamming”, “Flaming” and “Baiting” shall be open to interpretation of the Moderators.
ARTICLE III - Discord Rules
(6) The following things shall be prohibited from the Regional Discord Server:
- (a) Harassment of others.
- (b) Spamming the chat.
- (c) Posting hateful or derogatory speech.
- (d) Attempts to impersonate others.
- (e) Posting sexual or explicit material.
- (f) Baiting or flaming others.
- (g) Threatening, blackmailing or intimidating others.
- (h) Recruitment or advertisement of other regions or competitors on Nationstates.
- (i) Attempting to circumvent Moderator or Administrator decisions.
(7) The following sets of guidelines must be adhered to on the Regional Discord Server:
- (a) The Discord Community Guidelines.
ARTICLE IV - Moderator Punishments
(8) Moderators and Administrators may use their discretion to decide when these rules have been violated and what punishment may be dealt. Moderators and Administrators must issue a warning to the offender the first time they violate these rules.
(9) Moderators and Administrators shall be able to issue punishments for violating the rules including, but not limited to:
- (a) Warning the offender.
- (b) Restricting the offenders posting privileges.
- (c) Issuing a 10 day ban.
(10) Only Administrators shall be able to issue the following punishments for violating the rules:
- (a) Issuing an indefinite ban
ARTICLE V - Appeals
(11) Should an individual think they have been unfairly punished, they may appeal to an Administrator or the Moderator who issued the punishment to have their punishment revoked.
- (a) Should said individual be unsatisfied they may make a case in the People's Tribunal to have their punishment revoked.
(12) Should a moderator have at least three trials made against them, the Administrator Council may review their actions and revoke their moderation status.
ARTICLE VI - Schedule
(13) The principal act shall come into force immediately upon passage of the Central Committee with the signature of the General Secretary.